Friday 10 February 2012

Going for texture.....

Good day peeps
Welcome to Friday and a new challenge over at The Stamp Man. It's my turn to play host and because I love texture I thought that's what I'd do and I made this tag.
So, if you are here because of this on Wednesday; now you know what I was hiding.
I started out with a large paint covered tag and then added some small beads to the base using a 3d glaze to secure.
I keep a jar of odd coloured beads in a jar just for things like this where I plan on painting over.  When it had dried I covered the beads with gesso
Still doesn't look too exciting so I added some gesso detail using a mask into the top corner and added a piece of embossed paper too. Then I covered everything with a wash of forest moss and perfect pearls which then tied all the separate items together nicely!
I cut an embossed acetate tag and attached that to the tag with ribbons and added a metal flower that I added embossed detail to using distress embossing powder.
I die cut a coloured the trees and deer and added everything as seen. There's loads of lovely textures and layers going on.
So for more texture inspiration do pop on over to The Stamp Man and then why don't you have a go too, you may win the £10.00 voucher!
Hope you all have a great day, I'm teaching at The Craft Barn on Sunday; my art journalling #2 class. Still a couple of places if anyone is interested; details are HERE.

13 comments:

Julia S-W said...

Yeah!! Embossed acetate - I'm hooked on this. Love the tag and really interesting to see how you get the different textures. Do you simply cut the metal flower using a die and then do the other things to it? So much for me to learn! Gorgeous work. Julia

Brenda Brown said...

Superb layers and textures Neil, just love the colours too.
Hope you haven't got too much snow.
hugs {brenda} xoxox

jill said...

Loads of different texture added. Excellent way of using tiny beads

Helen said...

Loving the texture - would never have thought of doing that with the beads - fabulous. Hope you're keeping warm in your studio!!

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...Neil i'm totally blown away by your Tag...your so inspiring...have a fab day....Mel :)

lainey said...

Ooo Neil this looks great!! loving the texture, looking forward to playing :) lainey x

May said...

This is Fabulous Neil, so many textures going on would never have thought of using gesso on the beads, wow what a great effect, Love it, Keep Warm, Hugs May x x x x

Catherine SIWCZAK said...

this is a fabulous tag ! Love the colours and volume on it !

Alison said...

Love all the fabulous texture on your tag Neil, great idea with the beads, very inspiring! Looking forward to the class on Sunday, see you then.
Alison

Inkypinkycraft said...

This is fab, there are so many elements and textures that work so well together, great hugs trace x

Belinda Basson said...

Great idea with the beads I have tons of jars of those. I love all your layers and the textures are so lush.

Hanneke said...

Wow, I love how you really transform items and have such an awesome and unique style! Love the idea with the beads. I have a birthday candy on my blog btw! Hugs, Hanneke

Hels Darbyshire said...

What a fantastic way to use all of those old beads, I've got loads of odd coloured ones I never thought I'd use but was reluctant to throw out... I never thought to paint over them before. Given me some fantastic inspiration for a card I need to make over the weekend - thanks.